We are a church who loves Jesus and follows His example in loving children.
It is our desire to provide your children with worship and discipleship opportunities that will allow them to grow in their faith. Our children’s ministry takes the safety and spiritual growth of your precious children very seriously.
We believe that our children are the future of our ministry. It is for this reason that we have partnered with Orange and their curriculum 252 Basics. The reason why we felt that Orange was that strategy for us is because it combines the critical influences of the church and home to incite wonder, provoke discovery and fuel passion in their hearts.
252 BASICS, focuses on three main environments: The Church (252 Basics Groups), the Home (252 Basics Home), and Combined Experiences (252 Basics FX).
When you see the word “basics” in the title, well, you sort of think foundational, essential, right? That’s what 252 Basics does—it equips kids from kindergarten through fifth grade with basic truths.
The story of God reveals the character of God. That’s why 252 Basics uses Bible stories to teach core virtues. And to make it easy to understand, each principle is supported by a weekly Bottom Line—a short phrase so easy to remember that it can be reinforced at home throughout the week. In fact, when a kid transitions into middle school, we want that child to have experienced and own three basic truths modeled by Jesus in Luke 2:52 (light bulb moment—now you know what the 252 means):
- I need to make the wise choice.
- I can trust God no matter what.
- I should treat others the way I want to be treated.
These truths are reinforced each week in an easy-to-use curriculum that is designed to put your mind at ease and your heart into overdrive.
We also focus on a core virtue each month. Why virtues? Because they display God’s character. And when we live them out, not only do we understand His heart more, so do the people around us.
On the whole, 252 Basics utilizes Bible stories, a core virtue, and a memory verse each month while offering engaging presentations of the 3 Basic Truths. We also throw in some unforgettable illustrations of how God works in our lives to make us more like Him.
Now that we have seen how the church comes into play, we bring the love of the family in through monthly Family Experiences. It is through this family participation that a child can fully develop into the young man and lady that God desires our children to be.
Through our faithful partnership with parents, we want to see God transform the lives of children into young adults who:
- Profess that knowing, loving and serving God is their top priority in life.
- Describe their faith in God as being of the highest importance.
- Have a biblical worldview.
- Are active in a vibrant community of faith, as demonstrated by their consistent engagement in worship, prayer, bible study, and spiritual accountability.
(Clarify the win – this is the first step towards effective ministry)
(Above qualities are from Barna, “Revolutionary Parenting.”)
Synchronizing our efforts with parents to reach children and help them discover, understand, and act on the Word of God.
Kids Life Values
Luke 2:52 – “And Jesus grew in wisdom, stature, and in favor with God and men.”
- Personal application of biblical principles
- Relationship w/ God
- Our true identity in Christ
- Sharing our thoughts with God
- Listening to God
- Relationships w/ others
- Seeing others the way God sees them
- Loving others the way God loves them
1st Time Visitor
Check In: You may be wondering where to go when you arrive on Sunday mornings. To the right of our lobby entrance you will find double doors leading into our Kids Life area. Welcoming you at the door will be one of our Children’s Ministry volunteers eager to greet you, guide you through the registration process, and personally escort you to your child’s classroom. They will be happy to answer any questions you have about Kids Life and will make sure you are familiar with your child’s area.
If you decide to become a regular attendee or member, we highly recommend that you enroll your child in a permanent classroom and make a commitment to attend the same hour of Kid’s Life every Sunday. Once kids are enrolled, they’re able to form relationships with an adult small group leader and friendships with kids their age.
To enroll your child, fill out a Connection card which can be found at the check in desk. Later that same week, we will contact you and let you know in which permanent classroom your child will be placed and who their Sunday teachers will be.
Every Sunday, volunteers show up and work together in their unique role to create an amazing environment for our kids. Kid’s Life is totally volunteer fueled and wouldn’t exist without the leadership and expertise of our volunteers. Each volunteer has a part to play on our team. Some of the volunteer roles are:
- Small Group Leader: Serves as the primary role model for the same group of five to ten kids on a weekly basis. They lead discussions after each lesson to reinforce the principles shared.
- Teachers: Prepare material from the Orange curriculum to share with their class in an engaging and exciting lesson. Teacher also lead worship, pledges, and oversees small group time.
- Greeter: Welcomes children into a classroom and helps to get them checked in.
- Production: We have a team of volunteers on stage and behind the scenes that create our large group environments every Sunday.
If you would like more information about volunteering for Kid’s Life, email email@example.com